Get the Luscious Lips You’ve Always Wanted with These Makeup Tips
Have you ever seen a beautiful woman with a perfectly made up face—except for her lips? Unfortunately, many women don’t consider their lips enough in their makeup routine, and this can cause all of her hard work on the rest of her face to somehow look off. Let’s face it, no matter how perfect a shade of lipstick you choose, if your lips aren’t healthy and moist, they’ll just look dry, cracked and the lipstick will look awful. Let’s take a look at some make up tips that will help you achieve beautiful lips.
Keep Your Lips Looking Healthy
When thinking about make up tips for your lips, this is perhaps one of the most important ones. When your lips are soft and supple, your lipstick will glide on and stay in place. Follow these tips to ensure that your lips look healthy and pretty.
- Your lips don’t have the protective layer around them like our skin does, which means they can dry out and become flaky more quickly. Protect them by keeping them out of harsh weather conditions, including sun, and when you do have to be in them, use a protective lip balm on your lips.
- When lips become dry, they tend to flake off, which can make wearing lipstick a nightmare. Combat this by brushing your lips, just as you do your teeth. Once in the morning and once at night will have your lips flaking less and looking better in no time.
- Your lips can’t produce moisture, which can also cause them to dry out. But when you use a lip balm on them, it locks in moisture on your lips and helps them stay moist.
Prep Your Lips Before Applying Lipstick
If you want to have perfect lips, you can’t just put on lipstick without a little prep work. One of the makeup tips that too many people skip is the preparation of the lips for color. But, in order for you to make the most of your lips, there are certain rules you have to follow.
- Use a foundation to ready the lips for the application of color. You can use your facial foundation, a lip balm or one of the specialized lip foundations on the market.
- Line your lips. This is where it can get tricky if you don’t have the right make up tips. Follow these simple rules for perfect lips every time.
Thin lips: Apply a neutral shade of lip liner slightly outside of your natural lip line. Blend and soften with a lip brush.
Thick lips: If you want to minimize the fullness of your lips, don’t apply lip liner to them. If you want to play them up, apply it just inside your natural lip line, then blend it with a lip brush.
Make up tips for Applying Lipstick
The final step in these lip makeup tips is applying color to your lips. Again, how you do it will depend on the look you want.
- If your lips are thin, you should now add you shade of lipstick with a lip brush and then apply some lip gloss on the bottom of your middle lip.
- If your lips are full and you want to minimize them, apply a neutral shade of lipstick to them.
- If you want to play up your full lips, blend the lip liner you applied, then add your favorite color of lipstick over it.
Don’t be a beauty disaster by ignoring one of the most noticeable areas of your face. Keep your lips healthy and looking good by following the lip makeup tips listed above.